IT Network/Security Support Engineer
The IT Operations team within the Van Oord IT department is responsible for the technical management of Van Oord's global IT infrastructure. The team works closely with other disciplines within the business and the IT department. Together with a number of colleagues, you will be responsible for the performance, availability and security of the firewall infrastructure, network infrastructure and secure access gateways.
- Ensuring optimum performance, availability and 'health' of the firewall infrastructure, core network components and secure access gateways
- Dealing with disruptions, analysing and solving problems and preparing and implementing changes to the network and firewall landscape
- Structured preparations, planning and implementation of upgrades, updates or other types of changes
- Maintaining constructive relationships with other technical disciplines within the IT department
- Managing external suppliers from a technical perspective
- Documenting the technical environments, plus writing work instructions and (installation) manuals
- Providing solicited and unsolicited advice to internal customers and stakeholders
- Participating in infrastructure-related projects
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role in IT support, and in the technical management of firewalls and network components in particular
- Broad technical knowledge and experience of CheckPoint firewalls and Cisco network components
- CheckPoint and Cisco certification is an advantage
- Experience with IPS systems and security platforms within Microsoft Azure is an advantage
- The conceptual/analytical capacity to manage the firewall and network infrastructure from both a functional and technical perspective, to resolve incidents, conduct problem analysis, solve problems and where necessary propose and implement improvements
- Knowledge of standard IT methods such as ITIL and Prince2
- Excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English
- Experience with documenting instructions, standard operating procedures, manuals etc.
- A team player but also capable of taking control over the planning and implementation of management activities for the firewall and network components
- Analytical, service-minded, proactive, flexible, action-focused and stress-resistant
A position where your work will alternate between the office and project sites, and one that will afford you every opportunity to develop by taking courses and trainings. Naturally, we will offer you every chance to work with others to contribute to our prestigious projects. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Edwin van der Slagt
+31 88 8262968